DR. OLIVER D. WILLIAM
Attorney at law, Counsel
- ABOUT ME
• As of August 2020: Lecturer and Senior Researcher at the University of Bern
• As of July 2020: Special Advisor Drafting and Research to the project group developing the "Principles of Reinsurance Contract Law (PRICL)"
• Until July 2020: Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Zurich and Research Associate in the SNSF project "Transnational Insurance Law: Principles of Reinsurance Contract Law (PRICL)"
• As of October 2019: Vice-Chair of the AIDA Dispute Resolution Working Party
• As of September 2018: Attorney at law, counsel at mbh
• As of 2017: Rapporteur to the project group developing the "Principles of Reinsurance Contract Law (PRICL)" of the provisions concerning the aggregation of losses
• As of March 2016: Attorney at law in Zurich with focus on insurance law, software law and general contract law
• As of October 2015: Research assistant at the University of Zurich, SNSF project "Principles of Reinsurance Contract Law (PRICL)"
• July 2015: Admitted to the bar
• Until September 2014: Law clerk at the district court of Zofingen
• Until March 2013: Junior associate at an international corporate law firm based in Zurich
• Law studies at the University of Freiburg i.Ue. as well as the Center for Transnational Legal Studies (Georgetown University)
- PROFILE UND EXPERTISE
Oliver Dean William advises his clients in contractual and regulatory matters in the fields of liability law, insurance law and reinsurance law. He represents his clients before state courts, arbitral tribunals as well as administrative decision-makers.
Moreover, Oliver is lecturer and senior researcher at the University of Bern. He acts as “Special Advisor Drafting and Research” to the Project Group on the “Principle of Reinsurance Contract law (PRICL)” and is Rapporteur to the project group regarding the PRICL provisions on the aggregation of losses. He is Vice Chair of the AIDA Working Party Dispute Resolution.
Oliver is a member of the Swiss Bar Association (SAV), the Zurich Bar Association (ZAV), the Group U-40 of the Zurich Bar Association (U40) as well as of the Swiss Society of Liability and Insurance Law (SGHVR).