PROF. DR. HELMUT HEISS, LL.M.
- About me
• 2016: Founded mbh (together with Christopher L. Bell and Ulrike Mönnich)
• 2011/15: Of Counsel at GBF Attorneys at law, Zurich
• 2011: Admitted to the bar in Munich
• 2007: appointment as full Professor at the University of Zurich
• 1999/2007: Full Professor in Germany (Greifswald Universities & Mannheim)
• 1997/1999: Associate Professor in Austria (University of Innsbruck)
• 1998: Visiting Professor in the USA (St. Mary's University, San Antonio / Texas)
• 1990: LL.M. (University of Chicago)
• 1987: Dr. jur. (University of Innsbruck)
- Profile and Expertise
Helmut Heiss is a full (or tenured) professor at the University of Zurich. He previously held professorships in Germany and Austria. He is admitted to the bar at the Munich Higher Regional Court and has practised in Zurich since 2011.
Helmut Heiss is also active as an arbitrator, he acts as trustee to two German insurance companies and provides expert evidence. One of the primary areas of his practice is insurance law advice for domestic and international arbitration and litigation, in particular in international liability cases, such as class action lawsuits in the United States.
His focuses on Swiss, German, Austrian, Liechtenstein, international and European insurance law, general contract law, Liechtenstein Company, Foundation and Trust Law as well as International Private and Procedural Law.
He was, inter alia, Member of the Commission of Experts of the European Commission on the European Insurance Contract Law and has repeatedly advised legislators in various matters.