SARA ANDREA BEHREND
Attorney at law, Partner
- ABOUT ME
• As of October 2017: Attorney at law, partner at mbh
• Until September 2017: Attorney at law in two Zurich based law firms, working in the insurance, transport, air law and general contract law sectors
• Until May 2013: Attorney at law in an international corporate law firm based in Zurich
• 2010: Admitted to the Bar in Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
• 2009: Post-graduate program (MAS in European Integration) at the Europe Institute Basel
• Legal internships at the Criminal Court of Basel and at a law firm in Basel
• January 2008 – July 2008: Associate Legal Counsel to the Diplomatic Mission of Switzerland at the United Nations, New York
• Law studies at the Universities of Basel and Geneva.
- PROFILE AND EXPERTISE
Sara Andrea Behrend has for a number of years represented and helped her clients in the fields of liability and insurance law relating to national and international transportation (water, road, rail, air transport).
Sara supports her clients both with their strategic vision and their more day-to-day legal challenges, such as contracts of employment, contracts for services, mandates, storage contracts, forwarding contracts, franchise agreements, service contracts, the defence of liability claims, construction craftsman's lien, reviews of general terms and conditions, tendering procedures, competition law, debt enforcement and bankruptcy law, etc.
She represents her client's legal interest before state courts and arbitration tribunals, whether bringing or defending claims, as well as in extrajudicial settlement negotiations.
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV)
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)
- Swiss Association for Women Pilots