Prof. DR. LEANDER D. LOACKER, M.Phil.
- About me
• 2018: Appointment as Professor at University of Zurich
• 2016: "Habilitation/Privatdozent" (associate professor) in private law, private international law, insurance law, European law and comparative law, University of Zurich
• 2016: Consultant - mbh
• 2016: Secretary-General - Global Research Group "Transnational Insurance Law", University of Zurich
• 2009: M.Phil. in Law (University of Manchester / England)
• 2008 2010-2015: Senior Lecturer in Civil Law and Civil Procedure Law, University of Zurich
• 2005-2014: Permanent Rapporteur - Drafting Committee "Restatement of European Insurance Contract Law"
• 2005-2007: Research Fellow, University of Mannheim / Germany
• 2005: Dr. iur. (University of Innsbruck / Austria)
• 2004-2012: Permanent legal counsel an Austrian law firm
• 2004 2012, 2013: Scholarship holder and Visiting Scientist at the Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law, Hamburg / Germany
• 2003-2004: Research Assistant at the Institute of Civil Law, University of Innsbruck / Austria
- Profile and Expertise
Leander D. Loacker is a Professor at the Law Faculty of the University of Zurich. He is a recognised expert witness and speaker and has been awarded several international prizes for his publications, at home and abroad.
He focuses in particular on insurance contract law, but also has expertise in both general contract and tort law. He is also dedicated to issues of private international and procedural law as to those of unfair competition and consumer protection law.
He is co-editor of the Principles of European Insurance Contract Law (PEICL), a member of the advisory board of the European Journal of Business Law (EuZW) and Secretary-General of a global research group for transnational reinsurance law.